Mothering Forum banner

DD swallowed a marble... will it come out the other end?!?

905 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  momsgotmilk4two
It was actually one of those squished glass marble-like things that you use in vases. Very rounded edges, so I am not worried about the glass cutting her insides or anything. But will it come out the other end??? How long will it take?


Edited to add:
She is a very small (26 lb.) 3 1/2 year old, if that matters.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Hi Shakti,

I don't have any direct experience with this but wanted to let you know that there's a thread over in Health and Healing about a dime that made a similar journey with no problems... Should be fine. Take care! Hope all comes out soon.
Yoghurt. Apple puree. Juice.

And Chocolate.

May well help, but don't let on the association!

I have friends who have taken their DC to the ER for similar things.

All they got was an X-ray, a "Yep, it's in there!", and were told to poo-check until it came out.

I even heard of a child swallowing a closed safety pin, and they said the same thing!
See less See more

Originally Posted by StillForest
Take care! Hope all comes out soon.
Nice choice of words!

See less See more
My ds swallowed a penny once and it did come out the other end. I called his pedi who sent him to the hospital for an x ray because he wanted to make sure that it wasn't stuck in his esophogus. Everything was fine
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.