Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 mo. old dd who has usually been a very good sleeper (with an average of 2 nursings during the night) was up last night WIDE AWAKE from 3-5am....she was "talking" and playing w/her feet, nuk, etc....she sleeps in a cosleeper, so I brought her into bed w/us which usually does the trick...nothing. There are no signs of teeth so far, she's not sick, & I'm just looking for any ideas of why she might be waking up wide awake like this. She goes down around 7:30-9--last night was about 8:30, so this was normal too.<br><br>
On a side note, I found her sleeping on her tummy in her cosleeper flat on her face. This made me very nervous (more the face part)...should I just let it be or flip her as I did?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well I hope the night waking doesn't turn into a routine for ya, but as for the tummy thing, I've heard that once they can get there on their own it's not as big of a concern and they should just be left (although I know I'd end up turning my guy over the first few times).

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Sometimes babies just wake up early. There have been a couple times where my dd was up from 3 to 4 am and went back to sleep until her normal 6:30. It sucks, but it usually stops after one or two nights (at least for us.)<br><br>
As for the tummy thing, I wouldn't worry. She got her self there and she can get herself out. My dd often lays with her face smooshed into the bed or pillow. She moves when needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts