Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has only happened the last two nights so I'm not considering it a problem .. yet.

Our routine has consisted of jammies, wash hands/face, brush teeth, books with Daddy, and then nursing. Usually she nurses to sleep and then I lay her in her bed.

The last two nights she's asked to go to the bed after nursing and then takes another 2 hours to go to sleep.

Tonight we were nursing at 7:05, our normal sleep time. My husband just finally got her to sleep (I had to leave due to severe nipple pain; my nipple blanch from cold and over stimulation now that I'm pregnant. OMG it is so painful!).

Other helpful information...
-She still naps in the early afternoon (12:30-2ish). Yesterday she was home with me and slept 12:30-2:30 and I don't know what her nap was like today b/c her log sheet didn't make it into her bag when I picked her up at daycare.
-She is most definitely teething. She has two of her canines coming in on the bottom and requests medicine to maker her teeth feel better. We start with Humphrey's teething tablets and Hylands Teething Gel, progress to nighttime formula Orajel, and top it off with Motrin if she's still in obvious pain and asking for it after 45 minutes or so. I don't want to get into the habit of giving her Motrin though.

I have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
She's just turned 2, right?

Seems like every baby has a really tough time sleeping right around two.

What is she doing right before the bedtime routine starts? I find coloring really helps DD unwind and she tends to go to sleep easier if she's been coloring right before that.

Keep to your routine, tell her she won't miss anything, but it's time to go to sleep now.

Maybe try to really wear her out tomorrow so she's good and tired by bedtime and you can break the cycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.