Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd does not want to sleep. She fights it always. She will sleep in the car during the day. We co sleep and she does not sleep most nights for more than 45 min at a strech untill I give up and go to bed. I do not want to stop co sleeping but I need some time to myself in the evening and I can not get it.<br>
We just spent the weekend with the in-laws and dd really can't sleep when we are at the lake with them. I think it is because it is not home and everything is different. So I tried to get her down for a nap 4 times between noon and 5pm. then she fell asleep in the backpack when my dh took her for a walk at 6pm. Ofcourse then she was not ready for bed when we put ds down. When she did get tired I could not get her to sleep at all, came back down stairs with her and dh finally got her to sleep by 11pm-and she was crying as her rocked her. On top of it all my in laws start in on me while dh is dealing with her asking if I had ever tried letting her cio! I keep telling myself that it is a stage and she will get easier but deep down I am not sure. We spend atleast two weekends a month with the in-laws during the summer and we have a family reunion with them for a week. There will be three babies all a month apart and mine being the only co sleeper and sleeping challanged!<br>
I can not get her sleep regulated at all I am getting frazzeled. Any ideas or words of wisdom?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If she likes the backpack, would she like being in a sling and falling asleep in there? Do you have trouble putting her down once she is already asleep? I am guessing at her age she is ready to go to one nap a day so maybe close to lunch time you can get her in a sling?<br><br>
The other idea is to put her to bed pretty early and then you get out of bed while she is sleeping so you have some time to be without her. My daughter goes to sleep pretty late, but I WAHM, so I always wanted as much time with her in the evening - maybe that would work better for you though.<br><br>
My DD has always hated going to sleep for naps, it's like she doesn't want to miss out on anything!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She does not fall asleep in the sling although she loves being in there. I can move her most of the time once she is asleep. I am scared to leave her on our bed surrounded by pillows because when she wakes up she rolls over and starts crawling. I have caught her a few times almost at the edge. There is not room for a matress on the floor and my dh would freak out if I suggested putting out mattress on the floor since he made a beautiful headboard finally the week I gave birth.<br>
She took one nap today around lunch time and I am getting ready to try to get her in bed.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Safety first.<br><br>
Get the bed on the floor, and relax. You don't choose how to behave with a child in bed because of a headboard, do you?<br><br>
The headboard can come back when this is over.<br><br>
hope this helps<br><br>
a

1 - 4 of 4 Posts