Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for longer than 20 mins, if that.
she is 7.5 months.
i am with her most of the day and usually nurse her to sleep but the last few days she will nurse but not sleep.
i thought maybe she was transitioning into 2 naps but haven't seen that happening.
she has no teeth yet, could be teething, i guess.
i'm just going with it cause she isn't cranky but she can't continue on 2 20 mins.
i also think i have to stop lying down to nurse and find another way because if she doesn't fall asleep nursing i have no other way.
anyone been here and have any advice?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Do you mean naps only? Maybe it is just a phase or she is about to hit a milestone....

Unfortunately though they *can* keep going - or at least mine can!
He is going to be one soon and still doesn't sleep...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes just naps.
she has always been a great bedtime sleeper, but the last couple of days she has woken up twice in the night, very unusual. if she wakes it is one time only.
i figure she is going through something, i just don't want to start any "bad" habits since the nights have gotten a little harder with her waking. i know she doesn't need to eat twice in the night but i want to comfort her when she does wake and booby is the only thing that soothes her.

·
Registered
518 Posts
For what it's worth, my 7.5 month old has cut 4 teeth with 2 visible under the surface, and he has yet to have any prolonged fussiness that I can attribute to it. Maybe one or two episodes of yelling and wanting to be cuddled. What he does demonstrate pretty reliably as those teeth start moving, is the sleep disturbance. He take shorter naps and wakes more thoroughly in the night (squirming and crawling instead of nursing and going back to sleep.)

So I'd really guess first of all that you can expect toofers!

He also stopped tolerating nursing lying down about the time he started figuring out how to get up on all fours and then crawl. We've moved to nursing in my lap, with one leg propped, jiggling him rhythmically as he nurses which, if it's naptime or bedtime, works like a charm to close those sleepy eyes. Then I can carry him to his crib, pop him off the breast, and lay him down where he looks at me and then falls asleep.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that
it is reassuring to know that if nursing lying down doesn't work any more it won't be such a bad transition. i so love nursing sitting up more than lying down but i'll take what i can get.
i figure the teeth are coming. transition is happening and just go with it. so far everything has flowed nicely along.
thanks for advice and sharing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.