Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to this forum, but I need some help! DD broke out in a rash a week and a half ago. It started on her chest and quickly spread to her thighs and back. It is now spreading to her arms and legs, but it is only on her left side. I had recently started using Ecover fabric softener and we thought maybe that was the cause. I have washed everything again and the rash is still spreading! I took her to the doctor and he said it is an allergic reaction to something, but what he had no idea (this was not our normal ped, she was on vacation). He said to put Cortizone (sp) on it twice a day. I don't feel comfortable putting it on her, but she is itching like crazy. I have tried putting Aloe gel on her, but it is still spreading. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to put on her rash. Thanks Mamas!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jen, the rash looks like small bumps and is red (mostly from her scratching). It is crusting over on her chest and has stopped spreading. She is 20 months old. Thanks for the suggestion. If you have anymore please let me know. We are very concerned and hate to see our little baby itching!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts