Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it may be a form of cradle cap. She's rarely had it off and on. And at almost 3yr old, it's hard to get her to sit still long enough, part the hair, and look at it.

She takes a bath every day, not with shampoo more than 2x a week unless she got really sweaty, but she does get her hair soaked every day during bath time.

I've done the medicated shampoo in addition to the olive oil massage, but really I can't find any one place on her head that is the typical cradle cap scaly stuff.

Any ideas and what to do?

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Cradle cap is a fungus, like yeast. You might try tea tree oil, diluted in vegetable oil, massage it in, leave it for awhile, then wash it out.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
yes, oil will only make it worse. Also give her some type of probiotic, something like bio-k or another very high quality pro-biotic.

The tea tree oil should help as well to apply on the scalp...

You probably would be better to wash her hair daily, you could even put some tea tree oil in the shampoo. But if she's got cradle cap on her head, chances are she really needs to get the yeast out of her intestines, so you need to treat it from the inside out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.