Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked around here since I was pregnant with my DS, who will be two in March. I'm now expecting, due in August, and thought it was high time I introduce myself. I'm not as crunchy as most of you, and I'm more of the middle of the road, free range type of parent, but I don't fit in at all in the mainstream birth board community given my strong beliefs about birthing not being a medical event and other things.

Not sure what else to say here, except I don't know how much I'll post outside of the DDC for awhile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the community; and in response to your post - you'll certainly find that many of the mothers/educators/passionate folk on here aren't all super crunchy, granola (hippie) types.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Glad you delurked! Welcome! I agree there is a wide range of crunchiness here and you fit in fine! I personally am lightly sprinkled with granola everytime I take those "How crunchy are you?" tests.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lightly sprinkled sounds a lot like me. LOL. I've been working to make more changes towards more green living and real foods but my hub is not on board. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Yay for de-lurking!!

We don't expect people to fit into perfect molds, families and especially children are just the opposite of fitting into molds.
Everyone needs find their own path and what is best for their own families.

The Mothering vision is

Quote:
Mothering celebrates the experience of parenthood as worthy of one's best efforts and fosters awareness of the immense importance and value of family life in the development of the full human potential of parents and children. At Mothering we recognize parents as experts and seek to provide truly helpful information upon which parents can make informed choices. Mothering is both a fierce advocate of the needs and rights of the child and a gentle supporter of the parents, and we encourage decision-making that considers the needs of all family members. We explore the reality of human relationships in the family setting, recognizing that raising the heirs of our civilization well is the prerequisite for a healthy society.

Welcome to Mothering I am sure you will find a place here

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KempsMama View Post
Lightly sprinkled sounds a lot like me. LOL. I've been working to make more changes towards more green living and real foods but my hub is not on board. Sigh.
Well, good for him to have you in his life then. Some of it will rub off, trust me (BTDT).

And to the PP:
Hello and welcome to MDC!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.