Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 2 and has long curly hair. I need a de-tangler for her..what do you mammas use on your little dd's?

:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Suggestions are posted here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=257169

You can also try a lightweight, silicone-free conditioner diluted with distilled water in a spray bottle (Suave and White Rain are usually silicone free).

California Baby is always brought up in these forums.

For the record, if you wanted more information on caring for curly hair, and specifically for your child's curly hair, check this thread out - there are a lot of curl-specific links and a few peppered throughout the thread for how to care for kids' curly hair:

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...=1#post5358746

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
The best thing that has worked on my kids curly hair is mayonaise. I used it when they were exposed to lice, and it was the only thing that has ever gotten ALL knots out without me having to do anything. Plus Asha, who has the coarse curly hair, whose hair normally feels like straw was nice and smooth, more like Nadia's smooth curly hair.

·
Registered
651 Posts
my dd has very fine hair, that is curly on the ends and i use a spray bottle filled with half vinegar, half water, and about 10 drops lavender ess. oil. nothing extra to buy (we use these as household cleaners) and it works so well i use it on myself! it sounds weird but it works Great. i am astonished it hasn't been mentioned before LOL

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
As part of my natural bath and body care product range, I make a detangler with rosewater and aloe vera gel. My daughter and I (who both have long, fine hair) are the product testers for my products. This works like a charm and smells heavenly. (Plus, the aloe vera gel is a really good conditioner for your hair.
)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kathirynne-would you care to share you ratio of each with me? and do I get the rosewater at the HFS?
aolinsmama..I like your combo too..thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yeah, I'll personally use my multi-purpose EO spray (has lavender EO in it) for my curly hair, it works great. That is also recommended for children on the naturallycurly links I sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.