Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:

I went to pull out one of my Wonderoos this morning. I like to use them when I know Julia's gonna poop, because it's so easy to roll the poop off the suedecloth.

They're dead.

The elastic in the legs on all of them is totally shot.

I don't understand how this happened. I have treated them very carefully, never put them in the dryer, never used anything but plain detergent. Granted, I've had them 6 months, but a diaper that advertises itself as for use from birth to potty training should be more durable, I think. I have other pocket diapers I've had twice as long and used twice as often, and they're still going strong.

Grrrrrrr.......

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Hmmm, that sounds like a bad batch of elastic to me! Did you buy them all at the same time new?

That just doesn't sound right at all!

I'm so sorry. I'll play "Taps" on my coronet in your honor.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I bought them all at the same time. I've decided to go ahead and email and see if there's anything they'll do for me. I didn't really think there was anything much they would do after their 30 day guarantee ran out, but I guess you never know.

DD had to wear a prefold for her poop, and it was a royal pain in the neck scraping it off, too. I'm gonna miss my Wonderoos.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Did you have them stored somewhere that gets very hot or cold, like an attic or garage? I've heard that extreme heat and cold can break diapers down faster than usual. That doesn't sound like normal wear to me. I have some diapers that have lasted over 2 yrs and the elastic is still good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.