Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Fifth Disease is really common in childhood, so I'm sure there must be other threads on this somewhere on this board, but I can't find them. So, I'm starting a new one.

DS2 has Fifth Disease. He's past the initial 24 hour period during which he'd be contagious. So far, no one else in the family shows any signs of it, so hopefully that's a good sign. We just thought he had a cold last week -- runny nose, cough, low grade temp, etc. Cold symptoms I know how to deal with, naturally.

Now we move on to the itchy, irritating rash portion of this virus. This is the part I don't know how to deal with. Our ped told us to give him Benadryl and to apply topical Benadryl when the rash is really bothering him. However, I would rather not do either of those things if I could find something natural (herbal, homeopathic) to help him, instead. A natural topical anti-itch cream/lotion/etc. would be good, too, so that we could do something to help him immediately. Anyone have any ideas on that? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to make DS as comfortable as I can, as this rash can come and go for many, many weeks.

TIA!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts