Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is mainly MY issue, not hers. dd is 3.5 yo and is generally great. she is quite spirited however, and very enthusiastic about life in general and particularly her 2 mo brother. this drives me CRAZY. i think that mentally i want time with the baby and feel pulled in many directions with housework (which i don't do all of...dh is equal), working out of the home, and childcare. so, i'm looking for mental/emotional techniques for myself for coping with my frustration with my attention-seeking but loving 3 yo. basically, with two kids, how do you use self-talk to keep yourself sane and balanced, especially for your older child?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You work out of your home with a 3 year old and a 2 month old? Your 3 year old is trying to get your attention and you are frustrated, a little crazy? Moms that don't work out of the home find it difficult to take care for a 3 year old and a new baby. Of course you are feeling frustrated and it's good you are reaching out before you go crazy.

Do you have to work out of your home now? Can you put it off? Can you hire someone to come into your home and help play with your 3 year old or clean your house while you are working?

Deep breathing is easy to learn and can elicit a calming effect quickly. Meditation and yoga may help but are harder to learn. Music may help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts