Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>The teacher can tell which kids have been physical disciplined at home. They seem more fearful and angry . Are more likely to hit another child because children learned through mimicry.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In school or in public a child who swats another child is liable to be lecturedon bullying, sued or even arrested . Hitting someone other than your own child is called 'assault' in legal terms.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any degree of swatting may seem to be effective because it gets the child attention in the moment but in the long run it's counterproductive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I believe all highschools should offer mandatory child rearing classes for both genders to break this harmful cycle and to teach more effective forms of discipline</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Abby responded I agree with you 100%</p>

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
<p>I saw it. I'm anti-spanking but I thought it was a little over the top to say that she could tell who had been swatted at home and who hadn't. I don't think it's that clear cut. Some kids who have never had a hand laid on them in their life swat at other kids. I don't doubt that kids who have a lot of physical punishment show that in their behavior, but I still doubt that this teacher really knows that accurately</p>

Reactions: Minxie

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
<p>I think when you've worked with lots of children and families, you can get a feel for the discipline style of the households.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts