Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please remember that YOU added the religious exemption to AB1209 in 2012 so that the parents who prefer this method of excluding and protecting their children from the risks of pediatric vaccination could utilize it. So far, this has been working well.

AND, please, Governor Jerry Brown remember that your father, Edmund G. "Pat" Brown put the philosophical exemption into the California law while he was governor of California, from 1959-1967; this was in the middle to tailend of THE polio epidemic in America. The Sabin vaccine was not yet on the market. The Hong Kong flu hit in 1967. There were also measles, mumps, rubella, influenza, chicken pox, Hib, TB, outbreaks, yet there were no major public health problems. We lived with the exemptions then and we can live with it now.

If this state could have a philosophical exemption during these infectious diseases outbreaks, we can have it now. The major public healthcare concerns now are with chronic, neurological disease, which may have its roots in the heavy vaccine schedule.

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.

I am feeling rather despondent today because the Senate passed it.

And it does not affect me personally either, at the moment.

Reactions: Turquesa

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Governor Edmund G. Brown Junior,

Remember this?

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sent another message off to the governor. I am hoping that he hears us, but am feeling so very doubtful right now.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I don't care how many manipulated surveys get published. The People of California don't want SB277!

Not that California politicians ever listen to their constituents or anything crazy like that, but it's bleeding obvious just by how many pro's vs. anti's show up at the hearings. There is
and a handful of doctors, well-funded lobbyists, and Pan's med school students . . . . versus, um, this.

Then contrast the petitions.

Here.

Then here.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
18,823 Posts
There must be a silent majority out there somewhere...

Voices for Vaccines keeps on invoking this pro-vaccine majority so they must exist...

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Senator Hall basically said that the majority of his district fully vaccinated and therefore supported this bill. Personal vaccine decisions and support for vaccine choice are two entirely different matters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts