Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Just wanted to see how all of your little ones are doing and what new stuff they have learned?
I'll start with Bray, he is sitting up all by himself, rolling all over the place, his vocabulary is getting quite big these days
He's saying mama, dada, baba, and he's working on his g's now. He's not quite crawling yet, but he's moving backwards so that's a start. Let's hear what all your little cuties are doing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
okay i'll join in.....

jacob is crawling like a mad baby with a cute sidekick crawling method. He is into everything now but I am enjoying the new out of arms feeling. he has also loved to stand since he was way little - so now he tries to find anything to pull himself up onto to stand, which he can balance for 4 seconds or so. he also loves to chase the dogs and cats around which annoy the animals to no end - but jacob likes it.

he babbles like crazy too. sometimes he just gets into this zone where he just ahhhahhhahhh's for a long time. he says eeeheeeeh when excited and bababababa when playing. says mamamama when crying with dh...but no dadadadad.

he loves to nurse in his own made up ways like sitting with both our bums on the floor or he'll climb on me in some crazy way and latch on for a good let down.

he loves to be tickled and to laugh when anticipating the tickle.

he just started offering kisses - which i wasn't sure were kisses until the recent thread on "when does baby start giving kisses" in life with a babe. he comes at me with a big open mouth and plants it on my forhead or chin.

he has been sleeping pretty crapy - waking up almost every hour.
Not sure what this is (because he was always a 3-4 hours night-time sleeper) but it started after we went on vacation over the 4th of July.

he has his two bottom teeth since 5.5 months. waiting for the top, i think soon because the gum line has changed.

oh yeah, we do ec. he loves to pee outside on an evergreen bush we have out front. sometimes he won't go in the toilet when i know he has to, i'll take him to the bush and well-a he goes. poops have been hit or miss the past few months.

he had his first sickness this week.
: he picked up a stomach bug somewhere (we don't do day care or see many people so i am perplexed however he did play with a little boy's hands at the store) and gave it to daddy and me. he was total normal - happy & wanted to play but he threw up until bile came out. this was sad and scary but it all went well.

we have also tried solids since he was 4 months but he was never into it and we never pushed it just offered it. since he has been crawling he has been very interested and will even eat about a tablespoon. he is very fascinated with our food and grabs at it. i think the crawling has made him hungrier.

all right i think i have babbled too much.
I'd love to hear about other babies.

Much Love to all you Mama's!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, I've got a December '05 baby

Heather is babbling (dada, baba and has said hi a few times).

She sits up like a champ, can get herself in a sitting position from her tummy and is *almost* crawling but right now it's mostly scooting everywhere.

She eats tons of food. She loves the Gerber Apple Wheels, biter biscuits, toast, mac and cheese, cut up fruits and veggies, noodles, pretty much anything she sees us eating, she wants to eat too! She has adamantly rejected baby cereal and most baby foods.

She waves to people.

She sleeps through the night for the most part, but does occasionally wake up because she wants her pacifier back.

She's a joy!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This was such a great idea! Izzy was born on the 17th, and is just too much fun. Today, I took her walker out to the driveway and we "walked" all the way out to the mailbox...and back. Ya, she ran over our poor arthritic dog a couple times-so that meant a little extra food in his bowl.
She is also sitting up, and rolling/slithering all over the house. She even made her way to our guitar, and played a little song. I'm glad to say that she is healthy and happy, just like her mama...so all is great at this end!

·
Registered
586 Posts
jayde was born on the 8th, she is sitting, crawling, babbling, standing, and cruising. she just started growling. she's just getting her first little tooth and is sick for the first time with thrush. her favorite thing to do is stand. we are ecing also and so far she pees in her potty 90% of the time. only poos about 50% of the time. she's decided give up baby food for a while, she prefers food off my plate more then anything. hope to hear from more babes from dec.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by e123vg
jayde was born on the 8th, she is sitting, crawling, babbling, standing, and cruising. she just started growling. she's just getting her first little tooth and is sick for the first time with thrush. her favorite thing to do is stand. we are ecing also and so far she pees in her potty 90% of the time. only poos about 50% of the time. she's decided give up baby food for a while, she prefers food off my plate more then anything. hope to hear from more babes from dec.
I'm so amazed! Did I read that right, that your little one pees in her potty 90% of the time?? How did you get her to do that?? Not to sure what ecing means?
Maybe that has something to do with the potty thing

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't it so cute when they give you kisses
: Bray does that too...and he opens up his cute little mouth and plants a wet one on me......love it! We just bought some padding for our very hard tile floor so Bray can start crawling around more. You can tell he wants to take off but isn't quite sure how to. I love hearing about what's going on with all the other mommies & babies.....keep it up! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bella is sitting up, has two teeth, eats solid food, gives kisses and hugs, says mama, dada, baba, waves, crawles, gives herself a bottle, sleeps for 11 hours a night, naps well, loves our doggy, she's learning sign language, loves sesame street and baths, stands with support around waist, her favorite toy is a book, she wants me to read to her all the time. She's pure sunshine. She's my bella luna child!

·
Registered
999 Posts
You all should follow the link that amis2girls posted. There are 49 of us December mamas over there and it's really active.

I EC too and catch probably 100% of the poos and 75% of the pees.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariposita
You all should follow the link that amis2girls posted. There are 49 of us December mamas over there and it's really active.

I EC too and catch probably 100% of the poos and 75% of the pees.

I just did, thanks!!!
Very cool that there is a forum dedicated to us 12/05 mommies & babies...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey, earthkid, I'm up in Cleveland and my son was born the day before your daughter!

Stuart is crawling backwards, but not really standing, pulling up, or walking yet. He's very verbal, though. He says "dada," "mama," "hey!" and "yeah." Dada and mama refer to the real things very often, and he can look at each of us and the dog when we ask him to. He says "mama" to me every morning first thing now!
He's eating a little bit and seems ready for more. He does kisses, too, but can't figure out the puckering part yet. He just grabs me and pulls me toward his open mouth while laughing. We've got 4 teeth and they've all been excruciating.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, Anna was born on 12/12 and is sitting up and crawling, although her favourite thing at the moment is pulling herself up and she is into everything. She loves to be in her sling when she gets tired and needs a rest.

She is not keen on solids unless she does it herself and is definately still getting all nutrition from Mama's milk!

She managed her first trans-atlantic flight really well with no tears about a week ago (although the car journey afterwards was harder
),and has transitioned to UK time easily.

No teeth or words yet, bit lots of smiles. Going to check the Dec 05 link now - thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Our little one is crawling round everywhere, getting into all sorts of mischief

Hes quite the little climber, getting on and off our bed, without falling, and happily cruises round holding onto chairs etc. Loves his sling and being held by mumma also loves getting-rough play with daddy, tickling, swinging.

Starting to explore the outdoors and makes a run for it when ever the door is open
. Very enthusiastic with fingerfood, and hes becoming an expert grabbing stuff off our plates.

Had major surgery when he was 3 days old but has grown in leaps and bounds since then.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put Bray up against the recliner today and he loved it....he was kinda cruising around. I've noticed the past few days he doesn't like to sit, he gets very irratated when we try to sit him down, but he LOVES to stand with support of course. Any other babies in the same boat?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh yeah, heather is very much like that. Before she could sit well, that was all she wanted to do. Now that she can sit with no problems, she just wants to stand!

Once she can stand, she'll probably just want to walk.... and then run.. and then I am in trouble...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Wow! I can't believe some of the Dec babes are talking. A few times I thought Julie said something, like this mornign daddy said hi and it sounded like she said hi right back, but I pretty much dismissed it.

Julie LOVES food. She gets upset when she can't try whatever I'm eating. She loves fruit, veggies are OK. We made a banana applesauce puree with a dash of cinnamon. TUM! Tasted like a smoothie

She's crawling really well, can pull herself up and stand for quite sometime, even holding with just one hand. She likes to stand at and play her piano.

She's into playing with toes and shoes, the dog toys, tags, and anything that crinkles. She off the paci. She loves Old McDonald Had A Farm, Wheel's on the Bus, and any dancing. She's started growling and grunting during nursing, and she likes to dive at the breast while playing. I've taken to just letting it hang out.

This is just THE BEST stage. I was missing the newborn stage for a while, but this is just so much fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntresser
he has been sleeping pretty crapy - waking up almost every hour.
Not sure what this is (because he was always a 3-4 hours night-time sleeper) but it started after we went on vacation over the 4th of July.
SAME HERE! I don't know what the heck has been going on! She'd been going to bed at about 8 instead of 9 for the past week, but then waking up as many as 12 times a night. Tonight she took an evening nap and then went down at 10:30, so we'll see what that does. She usually would only get up 3 times a night.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve's Wife
SAME HERE! I don't know what the heck has been going on! She'd been going to bed at about 8 instead of 9 for the past week, but then waking up as many as 12 times a night. Tonight she took an evening nap and then went down at 10:30, so we'll see what that does. She usually would only get up 3 times a night.
Ugghhh.....my little man won't sleep through the night too
: I've been up with him for early morning feedings for about 3 weeks now. I put him down at 9 pm and he's up almost every night around 3 am
I feel like a zombie! I'm hoping it's just teething and we'll get past this, but it sure brings back memories of when he was 1-2 months old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts