Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Anyone still around??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sort of in denial about it, until his behavior and the amazing things he is doing remind me that he is indeed about to be two. The first birthday is not as hard for me to accept as this one. When they are one they are still babies, but two seems like it is so much closer to being not a baby anymore. Especially with a big brother around. Having an older sibling seems to speed things up!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So tell me:</p>
<p>What are you doing for your LO's birthday?</p>
<p>Do they have any toddler obsessions?</p>
<p>Favorite words/phrases?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Feel free to add other questions!</p>

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<p>I'll answer my own questions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What are you doing for your LO's birthday?</p>
<p>We are having a couple of friends over for cake and a very low key party. Just the friends his age that he sees frequently and talks about all the time. We had a similar party for my 4.5 year old when he turned 2, just immediate family, but we are away from family now so our friends are our family!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do they have any toddler obsessions?</p>
<p>Oh yes. Anything with wheels. He is absolutely in love with trucks of all kinds. He talks about them constantly!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Favorite words/phrases?</p>
<p>When things don't go his way, or something happens, he says "Aww MAN!!" It is hysterical, and despite him saying it a thousand times a day it continues to be funny. Some kids say "uh oh" but mine says "Awww maaaan!!!" I love this stage so much, all of the new words and phrases each day. Having a big brother has certainly influenced him, too. One of his newest words this week was "Dagobah" thanks to brother's Star Wars obsession.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA: How are y'all doing with potty learning? DS seems to be randomly interested. He has pooped on the potty 3 times now, but very little pee. I think he understands how to push poop out, but has no idea how to pee on the potty. I'm in no rush, but I certainly see the end of diapers happening sooner than with DS1. I didn't even attempt this early with him, but I'd love to seize the opportunity as soon as I can. I'm getting tired of washing diapers!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts