Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hey guys! We're pregnant and due in July so I have plenty of time, but, I really want to get started on building up a stash. We're on a tight budget so I figured prefolds would be great. But what kind of covers? And exactly how much might I need? I plan on making about 60 wipes, but what else should I need? I feel so lost! Every website I've checked tells me something different. Thank you!</p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
<p>Good for you this world needs more cloth diapering mamas</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i cd my second son right from birth. I got prefolds for him one because they were chaep and two becasue ypou can customize the fit to the child.  he was mostly in prefold until he was nearly two and now he is in a mix of stuff mostly casue he personally like differnt diapers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i had about 36 infant prefolds and 6 covers in new born and small I liked the bummis covers but have heard great things about thirsties..... kooshies were a wast of mmoney for us. I like having lots of diaper and variaty. with more diapers i only have to wash every 3-4 days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>there is a lot of info out there and a lot of conflicting info. find someone or a few people around you who use cloth and see what they do ask questions and hopefully everything will work for you</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>a wet bag to go in the diaper bag, a diaper pail of some kind (we just use a small garbage can), snappis or pins. I'm still deciding about the other stuff myself, because I didn't start CD with DD until 9 months, and didn't use prefolds with her. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts