Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to MHM, but I'm starting to think I should hang out here more often. You know, for inspiration. My house is such a mess, and I'm moving soon and this house is being bulldozed, so I'm really uninspired to clean it. I need to sort through some junk though. DH is leaving for Iraq in a few days, so he won't be around to help.

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
yup. we did it in stages and didn't worry. I said "i'm going to start with this bookshelf" and then i would do that and then stop completely. next day, i'd do that table top. next day, i'd do another table top.

now that the major clutter is gone, i spend time each day decluttering something. Typically, it's whatever my husband dumped on my kitchen or dining room table. It takes about 2 minutes, and i feel great about it.

once you get 'caught up'--maintaining is easy.
it's getting 'caught up' that seems hard and overwhelming. But, making a goal of one thing a day--this table top, or this part of the table top--will be a big help.

you can do it!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You can do it. Make a list breaking things down into small projects. Once you declutter one small area you will feel a great sense of accomplishment and want to do more. Or even promise to declutter for 15 minutes a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.