Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're finally getting some furniture for our formal living room (not so formal, really, but our piano is in there, so it's not really the hang out room). Anyway, it's not very large. There are three walls, and due to window placement and archways, the piano can only be in one place. So, that leaves me with two smaller walls (which are facing each other) for seating.

I'd like to do two cushiony chairs on one side with an end table between them and a bench on the other wall with pillows.

Does that make sense? LOL. Anyway, the piano, chairs and bench are quite angular, but the table is round. I plan to have an area rug in the middle of the space.

My question is, should I put a coffee table in there? I feel like the room will seem empty without it, but then, I don't know if it will look weird in front of the piano on the one wall and also in front of the little table between the chairs on the other wall.

I guess I'm wanting someone to tell me the room will be fine without it, because I don't want it to feel jumbled up with furniture either.

Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try it out!

Arrange everything as you said and try it out without the coffee table for a couple of days. If you still think it needs a coffee table, you can always add it later. Also, I usually rearrange the rooms anyways once or twice a year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts