Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 7 week old has a slightly sunken soft spot. All resources on the internet point to signs of dehydration. But she's constantly eating on the breast and dh feeds her a bottle now and then to give me a break but it is always boob. She is wetting like a pro (she peed on me before bath time tonight!!
) She hasn't pooped in like 5 days. She likes to sleep and I do not wake her to feed until she begins to stir. I'm able to pump about 2 oz and sometimes I leak so I'm sure i have a supply. She's alert when awake and at 6 weeks she weighed in at 9lbs 8 oz (she was born at 36wks 6 days weighing in at 6lbs 13.5oz). Whens he cries she has tears. What is the deal? Anyone deal with something like this?? Does call for a doctor?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I think it is totally normal for it to be a little bit sunken in, and if she has tears, etc. I am sure she is not dehydrated. The sunken-in-ness involved in dehydration is pretty obvious, I think. Just my unprofessional opinion, though. Both of my boy's soft spots were a little bit indented.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The soft spot is naturally slightly indented. If she's peeing lots and has tears, she's getting plenty of fluid. She doesn't need to see a doctor, especially if she's alert when awake.

Watch out for when she does poop - it's going to be huge and stinky!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.