Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem? I notice it mostly in the evening after all day nursing or pumping. It as if my milk supply is really low and it is taking a while to letdown. Sometimes DD gets frustrated and cries. She will suck and pull away alot until my milk comes down. I try to relax and will myself to letdown. Sometimes this works good other times it still takes awhile. I have also had a couple of feedings where I never really felt letdown. Any suggestions on what to do about this? Thanks ladies!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I never had this problem, but a friend of mine did and a lactation consultant told her to take a walk before nursing or have a glass of wine or beer. Both strategies worked for her.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yup. I had a delayed and forceful letdown which gave dd gas at first. She learned to cope herself and then it stopped. Now (she's almost two) I can get it going anytime right away.<br><br>
I'd recommend chugging a tall glass of water before feeding. That gave me a strong letdown. dd didn't like it when I drank beer back then.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That happens to me when I don't drink enough water. Try drinking a glass of water before each nursing session. HTH

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much ladies. I just love this place someone always has an answer for all my questions!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts