Mothering Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
<p>Any chance that it's Osgood Schlatter syndrome?  Basically, there is a disruption of the tibial growth plate causing the tibia to protrude below the knee after a period of rapid growth.  It's relatively common in older children, especially active children.  In fact, my husband had it when he was younger.  Your son seems a little young, but Osgood Schlatter was my first thought when I read your post.</p>

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
<p>I second the pp...I had Osgood Schlatters when I was young, about 9 or so. So 7 doesn't seem too young. Might be a good idea to get the Orthopedic Surgeon's opinion before too long. When you press on the lump does it move, or does it seem stuck in place? </p>

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
<p>I hope it's benign! It seems like if they were really worried, they would do it in sooner than 2 weeks so hopefully that's a good sign. But it sure is hard to wait.</p>

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
<p>I had the same thing as a child on both knees (below) and still do, just less painful and less pronounced.  I'm 20yo.  I'm curious to hear about the results.  Good luck!</p>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts