Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy mole! It's December! I'm just sitting here planning out the week, and it was miles of reading to get to the dinner thread for November lol! I just can't resist peeking at what people are talking about!

So tonight I'm making the non-veg chicken fingers with asparagus, polenta with peas, and home made applesauce.

Tomorrow I'll do veggie tacos. That's usually fine with everyone.

Wed. I want to do a quinoa stir fry with cashews and cranberries and I'll make a gnocchi soup.

Thurs. Roasted garlic potatoes with veggie dumplings.

Fri. will be that pomodoro pasta everyone else is getting to eat!

Debi - what do you normally serve your Egyptian Crock Pot Lentils with?

·
Registered
674 Posts
sun- pumpkin risotto and guorn patties
tonight- spag squash with red sauce pesto and mozz cheese with broc
tues- fassolatha ( a greek white bean soup) with bread and feta
wed- shells with spin and mushrooms and salad
thurs- eggs in a nest over brown rice
fri- christmas party

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Tonight is basmati rice with hempseed, olive oil, nutritional yeast and broccoli for K. D and I are having homemade channa masala with store bought punjab eggplant, the rice, and some samosas from Costco's frozen section.

Tomorrow I think I'm making baked sweet potatoes with chipotle hummus for D and I, with broccoli and cheese for K.

Red lentil tacos with roasted butternut cubes and avocado is on the menu this week (K will eat those unmodified), as is sweet potato black bean enchilada casserole and homemade veggie burgers with fingerling potato oven fries. We'll eat out one night, and I'll probably make some sort of complex long cooking soup on Sunday, which is our monthly role-playing game session.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Michelle - sounds SO good! Can I stop by to play w/ya on Sun? I haven't d&d'd in SOOOO long!

Congrats on the newbie, JLDUMM! Your meals sound healthy and quick and yummy!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
mmmm gnocchi soup!

eggs in a nest! i'm curious about this one. what is it like?

here's our menu this week. we have a ton of leftovers because i cooked for guests this weekend so we'll have two instead of one leftover nights.

tonight was winter harvest soup from vlv and homemade honey oat bread (both were so good!)
tomorrow is spinach and butternut squash pizza
wednesday is leftovers (korma, daal, chole, saag -- yikes!)
thursday is mac and "cheese" and a salad
friday is burritos with spinach and sweet potatoes and fried eggs (sounds so weird, but really delish)
saturday is leftovers. we had a lot of soup leftover so i'm thinking i might try to turn this into a pot pie with a biscuit crust. not sure.
sunday is saffron quinoa and roasted brussels, broccoli, and maple-roasted carrots
monday is sunflower lentil pie (also from vlv), salad, and oven fries

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I am so proud of myself I tried a new recipe & my family actually liked it.
: I saw a recipe for oat walnut patties on last months thread, but just got around to making it. They were great!!! The ultra picky 2 yr old even ate them with out any coersion
I served them with lots of yummy roasted potatoes, broc, cauliflower & carrots. It was awesome!

Tomorrow I think I'll be brave again & try to make calzones. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabeca View Post
Hey Michelle - sounds SO good! Can I stop by to play w/ya on Sun? I haven't d&d'd in SOOOO long!
If you wanted to come all the way across the country to come play with us, we'd love to have you. We're not playing D&D, though, it's a storyline based on the TV show Firefly, the rules system is called Cortex. We've been playing for almost 2 years now.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robina_josephine View Post
oh yeah, and does anyone have like a really good classic veg soup recipe? i'm talking like ABC pasta kind of veg soup -- tomato base, etc.
I saw that twopinknoblue had a great looking soup like this a while back on her blog - I haven't made it yet, but it's on my to-do!

Now I Know My ABC's...

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by catnip View Post
If you wanted to come all the way across the country to come play with us, we'd love to have you. We're not playing D&D, though, it's a storyline based on the TV show Firefly, the rules system is called Cortex. We've been playing for almost 2 years now.
Well alrighty then! I'll pass on the role playing, but maybe I'll have some of your delicious food!
:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am so proud of myself I tried a new recipe & my family actually liked it.
: I saw a recipe for oat walnut patties on last months thread, but just got around to making it. They were great!!! The ultra picky 2 yr old even ate them with out any coersion
I served them with lots of yummy roasted potatoes, broc, cauliflower & carrots. It was awesome!

Tomorrow I think I'll be brave again & try to make calzones. Wish me luck!
WOOHOO!!! What a great moment - thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sunday was potatoe and kale enchiladas from V'con. Yum!!
Tues: sweet potatoe and black bean burritos
wed: bean and kale soup
Thurs: a first attempt at a vegan posole
Fri: something with spinach and orange salad...
Sun: curry lettuce wraps

I get so much lettuce from CSA!!! I don't ever use it....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Eggs in a nest is from barbara kingsolvers book animal vegetable miracle.
which is awesome by the way, but then all her books are.
you can get the recipe from her website.... but we don't use one anymore, because we make it so often.
it is my dd's fave way to eat chard - she will eat like a whole cup of it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Tonight will be a veggie pot pie and a side of fried tofu and dippings for the kiddos.
Also I think some kind of raw cherry salad- I got 6 bags of perfectly good cherries -saved from the garbage at the health food store...and want for them not to go bad..I think we have eaten 2 bags in a day!!!!

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by love2all View Post
Also I think some kind of raw cherry salad- I got 6 bags of perfectly good cherries -saved from the garbage at the health food store...and want for them not to go bad..I think we have eaten 2 bags in a day!!!!
I thought I was the only one who did this! I got 26 hands of organic bananas once.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.