Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We aren't ttc but there is no sign of AF and I have a few pregnancy symptoms. I have been having irregular cycles. My question is: is is possible to ovulate and not a period follow, but not be pg? I'll be making a dr appointment today to be check, but I wanted to try to put my mind at ease. TIA!

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Hmmm do you mean is it possible to O and NOT be pregnant and still not get a period? I'm not sure medically...

You might have just O'd later, if your cycles are irregular. Good luck!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'm pretty positive that if you O, you will eventually get your period (unless you are pregnant). Your luteal phase shouldn't really be longer than 18 days. How long has it been since you ovulated? Were you charting so you can confirm you O'd? Sometimes I have a fake O before my real O each month.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momtomycharm
My question is: is is possible to ovulate and not a period follow.

isn't that what usually happens when a woman gets pregnant ?

I've had many friends who were BFing, and got pregnant on the first ovulation, never got a PPAF and didn't know they were pregnant for quite a while because of that. It does happen, and if AF is irregular it could be hard to tell.

Get a stick and pee on it !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I must have been pretty tired because my own post doesn't even make sense to me.
Sorry for the jibberjabber, my emotions are running a muck.
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian
I'm pretty positive that if you O, you will eventually get your period (unless you are pregnant). Your luteal phase shouldn't really be longer than 18 days. How long has it been since you ovulated? Were you charting so you can confirm you O'd? Sometimes I have a fake O before my real O each month.
My last 2 periods were almost 60 days apart from the first day of one to the first day of the next. Before that I was @ every 30 days. I'm not 100% possitive when I ovulated because I haven't been charting but judging by mucus/discharge it was @27 of july. If I'm right than the 18 days would have been up on the 14th, right. We don't get much time alone living with my parents so I can pinpoint the day of possible conception to the 30th(sorry if this is TMI).

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanmommy
Get a stick and pee on it !
I wish I could, but I can be 5 months pg and have it come back negative. I was almost 7 months with my son and took a hpt because his dad was being a jerk and it came out negative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.