Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks but have been waiting to post. I'm due at the very end of November, but before I even got my bfp I was spotting, both brown and red. When my temps didn't go down after the end of the usual length of my luteal phase I took a pregnancy test and got a positive. I made an appointment with my naturopath who gave me several remedies that immediately began to slow the bleeding and stopped it within a couple of days. However, since we weren't really sure what was going on, we decided not to tell people IRL yet, and since several of them are on Mothering, I held off announcing it here. After some thought, we decided it would be prudent to get a 6 week ultrasound, which was really weird to me, since I've never had one with either of my previous pregnancies. We had the ultrasound yesterday, and baby looks fine. They found the remains of a very small hematoma (sp?) which we believe accounts for the bleeding and luckily looks to have pretty much resolved itself. So, we have decided to think positive and prepare ourselves for a new baby!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming months!

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Well hello Sebarnes and welcome!

BTW, it seems there are more than a few of us who have hematomas (or subchorionic hemmorage/hematomas)- check out this thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1050412
So, I'm not sure if that makes you feel better or not, but just know that you're not alone!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.