Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted in a fb group I am on and I got permission to repost it here. This is part of the new Power of Poison exhibit near the information on the dangers of mercury. (According to someone who contacted them this exhibit is on loan from a museum in NY.)

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Yuck, yuck, yuck. How the f*** can the get away with this shit? It was obviously written by someone who is totally ignorant (or brainwashed), so what if it came from NY. Did the museum staff not now that the State has the wording that vaccines can cause harm in the exemption laws?

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
So are people in your FB group working on demanding a correction? This is a museum of SCIENCE, for heaven's sake, and they don't even grasp the science of whooping cough outbreaks, waning immunity, strain mutations, parapertussis, b. pertussis toxoids, and acellular pertussis vaccine failure??? :duh Why do some of the most anti-science statements spew out of "pro-science" mouths? :bang

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Turquesa, yes several people are contacting them. One was told, it sounded like by someone who had no idea about anything, that they might be able to add a sign that showed the "other side" of the debate. I am not sure what the other side of bs is though. I'll let you know if it goes anywhere.

I am trying to decide if I have enough time to put together a letter to them myself but I am crazy busy right now. This sucks because we are long time members of the museum and I feel like the way this sign is worded, not only promoted falsehood, but is serving to perpetuate the current wars against those of us who choose not to vaccinate. (eta: Even if they aren't the ones who made the exhibit, they had a responsibility to ensure that all information presented was accurate.)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
a letter should include a draft of the FDA announcement that DTaP is not effective in prevention, but actually causing the disease to transmit by asymptomatic carriers..i would also include court docs from the lawsuit against merck for falsifying the mumps portion of their vaccine. And, a link to payouts by the fed gov for injuries caused by vaccines, so people will know, THEY are paying for pharma's mistakes, not pharma at all.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Also include the study that @Mirzam posted in the main forum. http://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797%2815%2900203-2/pdf

It's that last sentence on the plaque that's flat-out wrong. They're pretending like waning immunity and vaccine failure don't even exist.

They should either issue a correction or remove the sign entirely. In the future, they should properly vet the information they receive.

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
I am trying to decide if I have enough time to put together a letter to them myself but I am crazy busy right now.
@fruitfulmomma Could you forward us some contact information, including the appropriate person to get a hold of? Maybe some of your MDC buddies could get on board, although I think as a local and museum member, you'll hold more sway.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Ugh, someone has just bought some of DH's products to exhibit at the show (essences of poisonous plants). I just showed him this, but he feels he cannot censor anyone who buys his products. I just hope that they won't be used in a negative way.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Ugh, someone has just bought some of DH's products to exhibit at the show (essences of poisonous plants). I just showed him this, but he feels he cannot censor anyone who buys his products. I just hope that they won't be used in a negative way.
if you have time you can still add a little note into the package! :wink:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'm confused. Is this post in the correct thread? Are you saying your dh sells stuff at this museum exhibit?

Thanks,
Sus

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, the correct contact is...

Nicole Garneau, PhD

Chair of Health Sciences Department

Curator of Human Health

[email protected]

I will try to write them sometime this coming week, but I am not expecting much from them based on responses to other members of the group. Basically the "science" says it is safe, therefore it is. They don't really know how it goes from being unsafe in other contexts but suddenly safe when injected, but it is, duh! They have no clue what max daily recommended doses of mercury are, but if we have any further questions please contact the CDC, cause what would a "Science Museum" know about that? :blah

1 - 20 of 21 Posts