Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try and make this very long story as short as possible. I am a little frantic, I just got off the phone with my mom in Orlando. My bother and his wife have been "estranged" for 2.5 years. UGH... In that time my brother has not seen his children, dd/6 bio and ds/5 who he adopted after dw had an affair. Anyway, he has been unable to get any info from her mother and up until now he has not been able to afford a lawyer, she racked up debt, defaulted on laons, and he's been makeing child support payments. Rumours abound that she has been with an abusive BF, the father of her 3rd dc. Bro did go to court maybe 2 years ago for child support w/ our step dad, & I guess she looked fairly beat up. At that time I called CPS and they said I couldn't do anything from MA, where I am, understandable. Anyway to bring you all up to date... a few weeks ago, the daughter of a neighbor of theirs (from before all this a happened) received an invitation to Dd's b-day party (sometime in the next 2 weeks) so she passed it along to my Bro. He went to child protective services and told them that he now knew where they were or where they would be and could the proper authorities help him get them back. I guess when they had originally split up she was using meth and drinking, and for some reason there was a deal made during the separation agreement that she would go to rehab or go to jail and if she agreed to rehab my brother would agree to joint custody, however she never went to rehab and when the kids went back to her for a four day visit, she never returned them. Back to the present, today my bro went to CPS in Seminol county and the women that he dealt with was rude and curt and told him to go get a lawyer and take her to court. SO then he went to Polk county (that is were they had lived before) and there he learned that dw, dd, and ds had been hospitalized for abuse (a year ago) and that they had told a counselor that it was my bro that did it ( I assume that that is why the lady in Seminol responded the way she did) and I guess this was not the first time that this has happened where she, dw, has told them that it was my bro...who, I remind you, HAS NOT SEEN THEM IN 2.5 YEARS!!!! But from what I understand, the dw said it was "their father", with out clarifying who their father is. ? . SO, back to today, after going from court room to court room and eventually to an emergency hearing the Judge told him to come back in 24 days. What is that??? Come back in 24 days. My brother has been depressed and has felt completely defeated for the last 2.5 years and when he finally sees a light at the end of the tunnel, it's blocked by an on coming train. What I believe he is going to have to do is hire a lawyer and worry about paying for it later. Apparently this BF of dw's has used my bothers name several times when getting busted for something. I don't know how he managed that? But does anyone here have the name of a local child abuse prevention advocacy group that might be able to intervene, or that might advise my brother in what to do, because we are sure she will run again. I guess she's been to Alabama, where the BF's family is. This is Killing me, I am too far away and do not have the resources to help him, so I am asking for advise, thanks. If this should be posted elsewhere, please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The Florida Child Abuse Hotline will probably be able to best direct you.<br>
1-800-96 ABUSE<br><br>
I hope everything works out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts