Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a stash of Motherease OS, Sandys & some Happy Heinys, many of them brand new, that were lost in the wildfires when our home burned a few months ago; standard insurance depreciation seems to be 50% (we're working on negotiating final itemizations w/the ins co & will hopefully get a settlement soon) & I believe resale value on (barely) used dipes is not depreciated as much as that? Could someone give me an idea for valuing these? TIA!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I always tell friends that are thinking about breaking into cloth diapering OR babywearing that there seems to be VERY little depreciation. Like your Happy Heinies would probably only sell used for $2-$3 cheaper than new. Check out listings here, Ebay and DS to get an idea.<br>
So sorry to hear about your losses in the fires.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Yeah, 2/3 to 3/4 the price is about par for the course for dipes in good condition, no matter how old. Heck, years ago I bought then-years-old FB for $9/ea, and sold them for the same amount a year and a half later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd check ebay or diaperswappers to get some good ideas of what EUC or GUC dipes sell for. I know from trying to BUY used diapers, that they often sell for only a dollar or two less than new, and as a rule of thumb, I'd say no less than 75%, unless they were really ratty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts