Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know the abbreviations for any of the terms used in these forums, but I really need some help. I dont know if I should talk to my doctor or not. I Suffered post partum depression with my second child. I am now pregant with my 3rd child ( 15 weeks) and I am having the same feelings. I am either crying or Extremely pissed off, mad for no reason. I know I am taking my anger out on my oldest (6years) by yelling at her for the littlest things, never hitting her tho. But simplest things like her asking the same question twice, my response is to yell at her. My husband, I am always mad at also for no reason. I pick fights with him for no reason whatsoever. I know I am doing these things but I cant stop. At night I am so exhausted but all I can do is lay in bed and cry ( to the point I am hyperventilating) because I feel like the worse person in the world and That i do not deserve to be a mom. Sometimes I feel like it would be better if I didnt live... although I have never actually thought through a suicide... Just the fact that everyone else might be better. I guess my question that I need help with is this depression of just my hormones? I read about depression and the tell tale symptom is not functioning, not wanting to get out of bed. Well I do get out of bed everyday and go to work full time plus keep the house clean, I just wake up everyday hating life. I dont want to talk to my doctor and have him tell me "oh its just hormones" and look like I am over reacting. But I also read that this kind of stress is also bad for the baby... And that worries me. I am so lost and do not know what to do.

Sorry for any typos, spelling, or grammar. I am writing this at work, trying to be fast because i am also crying while writing this and dont want anyone to see

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Prenatal depression is a real illness like postpartum depression and it is very serious. You should definitely talk to your doctor. Maybe you can find someone who specializes in prenatal depression. Hormones play a role but should not be dismissed as overreacting. If you are feeling suicidal, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at the numbe below. You have reached out for help here and that is a good start, keep going. You need to take care of yourself first so that you can take good care of your family.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone Number

1-800-273-8255

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is very hard to overcome depression during pregnancy. Follow these tips(not my own), still you fell like you are in depression plz consult doctor. All the best:thumb

• Are you psychologically prepared to take on motherhood? What kind of parent do you think you will be? What are you looking forward to?

• Explore your family history including your marital relationship and your relationship with your Mother. How do you want to Mother? Is this similar to the way you were Mothered or different? What are your fears?

• Take your own needs seriously. Take care of yourself by seeking support early and anticipating your needs with housework. What do you need in order to Mother a child? What will you be giving up? What will you gain?

• Share concerns as a couple. Discord and unwanted pregnancy will both contribute to stress and is a key factor in postnatal depression. Do you feel supported by your partner?

• Seek professional help early if needed especially if depression has been a long standing issue. Becoming a Mother is an underestimated life change.

• Talking through issues with your partner, family or friends is a good source of emotional support.

• Call Pandas Help Line for a confidential and friendly way to talk about your feeling and any concerns.

• Talk to your family and friends about how you are feeling, don't be scared to admit that you are unhappy with the pregnancy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont know the abbreviations for any of the terms used in these forums, but I really need some help. I dont know if I should talk to my doctor or not. I Suffered post partum depression with my second child. I am now pregant with my 3rd child ( 15 weeks) and I am having the same feelings. I am either crying or Extremely pissed off, mad for no reason. I know I am taking my anger out on my oldest (6years) by yelling at her for the littlest things, never hitting her tho. But simplest things like her asking the same question twice, my response is to yell at her. My husband, I am always mad at also for no reason. I pick fights with him for no reason whatsoever. I know I am doing these things but I cant stop. At night I am so exhausted but all I can do is lay in bed and cry ( to the point I am hyperventilating) because I feel like the worse person in the world and That i do not deserve to be a mom. Sometimes I feel like it would be better if I didnt live... although I have never actually thought through a suicide... Just the fact that everyone else might be better. I guess my question that I need help with is this depression of just my hormones? I read about depression and the tell tale symptom is not functioning, not wanting to get out of bed. Well I do get out of bed everyday and go to work full time plus keep the house clean, I just wake up everyday hating life. I dont want to talk to my doctor and have him tell me "oh its just hormones" and look like I am over reacting. But I also read that this kind of stress is also bad for the baby... And that worries me. I am so lost and do not know what to do.

Sorry for any typos, spelling, or grammar. I am writing this at work, trying to be fast because i am also crying while writing this and dont want anyone to see
I have similar issues and I understand you very well. I am also a mother of a 7 year old and I am 8 month pregnant. We moved 8 months ago to a new country, I had a new job and I suddenly got pregnant. All these alone was very stressful. I am full time working mom, taking care of my son, household and I feel like everything is on me. I am depressed and very sensitive. My husband, who is working abroad during a month every two months is pissing me off, he is away for one month and when he is back, I do not feel any support besides him being very harsh with our son( this is his way of educating him). He seems to be always stressed cause of his work and not used to this new place. I also have a new doctor, whom I did not know well and I do not feel that she pays any attention to my depression though I am constantly crying at every months visit. I am sad for my baby, I am always afraid if my depression, stress and fights with my husband will affect her. My husband does not understand me, he thinks I do not know how to be grateful for all the blessing we have. But I feel that we do not have a family, he is never available to listen to me, he does not understand my problems and he is not helping me out. I know he has his job issues and his own stress, but I think he is not siding at all with my emotions. sorry for venting my emotions here, but this is the only place I can, as I do not have any friends or family near to do it. Feeling all alone by myself. :crying::crying:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prenatal and postnatal/postpartum depression are common health problems experienced by many moms across the world. Just like conventional depression, PNP and PPD tend to recur in people who have experienced some form of depression in the past due to their genetical makeup. The good news is that you are aware of what is happening and can work through the depression. In addition, you need to know that what you are experiencing right now has little to do with the real you. Rather, there are many factors including hormonal fluctuations that are at play due to the pregnancy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Postpartum Depression (PPD) is very common in many women. The treatment for this depends upon the condition of patient. IF you have mild symptoms, then consult to your health care provider or make some changes your daily life. If you have severe depression, you are recommend to take a talk therapy, antidepressant medication, or both. Relax and try to be happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.