Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any nutritional supplements or natural remedies that are safe and effective for Depression during pregnancy? I had it before pregnancy and practically all my life. Its not severe but I am not happy either. I would love to feel better if there was a safe way to do so. I'm not interested in taking medication during pregnancy so that's not an option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I drink holy basil tea everyday. I buy a brand called Organic India, and they use the Ayurvedic name for holy basil, Tulsi. I can really tell a difference in the way that I feel and how I'm able to handle things throughout the day if I go a while without having any. There are also holy basil supplements, like capsules, tinctures, etc., but because of one of the essential oils they contain, they may be too stimulating during pregnancy. The tea is good though. Because I live in the boonies, I order the tea from swansonvitamins.com, but it's widely available at health food stores. And they have lots of yummy flavors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.