Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this should be posted here or on the Selective/Delayed thread, but I have a 3 month old that will be going for his well baby visit. He'll be getting his first shot. I think I've decided to give the Deptacel/DTaP shot only at this point. However, our doc uses the Infanrix brand which has double the amount of aluminum and uses cow tissue extract. They suggested I contact the company to find out how to get Deptacel. I went to theSanofi Pastuer website and sent an e-mail, but thought someone here may have insight into how to go about getting the brand of vaccine you choose, but the pedi doesn't use. HELP!<br><br>
The pedi said I'd have to go elsewhere, but how would that work with insurance? And where would I go???

·
Banned
876 Posts
There are some online pharmacies that would sell you a single Deptacel vaccine with an Rx from your physician. You could also ask your physician if he would be so kind as to contact a colleague for a single vial. As far as your insurance, that would depend upon your plan. If you have a network, you could contact other paeds and ask if they have that particular vaccine and go from there.<br><br>
SM

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the response I got from the vaccine company...<br><br><i>Your physician may order this vaccine at <a href="http://www.vaccineshoppe.com" target="_blank">www.vaccineshoppe.com</a> or by calling 1-800-VACCINE (1-800-822-2463) OR you may call 1-800-VACCINE (1-800-822-2463) and ask for Medical Information Services.</i><br><br>
Thanks for the response SM.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
I can't respond to your question specifically - apparently no one else (except SM) can or they would have.<br><br>
But I would like to ask you, have you looked at the DTaP vax? And why do you feel that your child needs it?<br><br>
Just wondering. Of course you don't have to respond.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
In no circumstances would I give a 3 month old a DTaP. The risks FAR outweigh any possible benefit at that age.<br><br>
-Angela

1 - 5 of 5 Posts