Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in south central Iowa. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and just found out my midwife has taken a prolonged leave of absence for 'personal reasons'. I was seeing a CNM at a hospital, planning to deliver in hospital no problems. I had no issues with my daughters birth so I wasn't concerned.<br><br>
Well now they have the midwife (gone) and then a General practitioner that does pregnancy care/birth and an OB. From what I've heard both are hyper-intervention happy.<br><br>
Driving to a birth center in Des Moines isn't an option due to distance and my fast labors.<br><br>
And secondly, we're broke. In fact we're beyond broke...we're at the 'buy groceries or keep the electric on' stage right now. I cannot pay a huge amount for a midwife.<br><br>
I'm open to a homebirth, and will UC if I have to but DH is 100000000% opposed to a UC...<br><br>
Anyone know of ANYONE, does not have to be a CNM. A Lay midwife is fine, I will birth under the radar if I have to. For that matter I will do a UC if I have to but would prefer DH be with me not upstairs watching TV pouting...iykwim

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
i have a local freind who just had a HB ... i will send her your email and ask her to contact you<br><br>
not sure how much it can help -- but she knows a lot of the community<br><br><br>
AImee

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
sheryl puderbaugh, hearts and hands is her office, services all of central ia and takes insurance, she'd probably work out a payment plan. she's definitely worth a call. let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much!! I will call her tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
please let us know

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
well????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts