Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an MDC mama who is in desperate need of a sling. She was beaten by her dh last night, has an injured arm, and is currently on the run and trying to get help.

Here is her plea...

Quote:
i *desparately* need a sling! he lost my mayawrap at a park about a month ago. i need to wait in long lines at social security and etc. but i can't hold my baby for that long. i wear an XL sling. a pouch or meitai would work. anything, anything! just so i can get to the offices i need to go to where the stroller won't fit.
If you have one you are willing to express mail, PM me and I'll tell you what to do.

Thanks Mamas!

·
Registered
976 Posts
This is a bad situation to be in.

I wish shelters and other support groups knew about babywearing.

Every mama can hold her baby, for free and without outside help of any sort. Tear a bedsheet to about 30" wide, no sewing or even scissors necessary (you can nick it with your teeth). Tie over one shoulder in a square knot. Instant pouch sling. There are more detailed directions at mamatoto.org . Lacking a bedsheet wear your overalls like a mei tai, or wrap in a large cardigan sweater like a podegi or strap carry. A sarong. A tapestry. A cotton curtain. A pair of jeans. I have carried my babies in all of these, and even tucked my fleece coat into my pants and used that as a carrier with a smaller baby.

I try to share this information with everyone I meet, esp. those who work with mothers of littles. I hope others do, too, and if you don't, please start. No mama should be without a carrier for longer than 5 minutes.

Kristi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.