Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier about holes in my happy heiny prints. It was suggested that possibly the detergent I am using is causing the holes. How could a detergent cause holes? I am using Costco's liquid Kirkland Signature brand that compares to tide. This is what was recommended to me by a local CD store. I cannot afford to buy diff detergent for dipes and clothes and I cannot stand All free and clear (the only other cheaper brand at costco here).

Thanks,
Allison

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Happy Heiney's recommends Tide in their FAQ's, so I don't think your problem is really your detergent. HH prints are laminated cotton, the solids are laminated polyester. Polyester is inherently more durable than cotton, it definitely will look nice longer and wear better. It isn't nearly as cute though.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Quote:
maybe your washer is causing the holes? I cant even imagine how any detergant could cause holes.
Actually, detergent can cause holes in fabric. I don't have a lot of details, but I know that Unilever and P&G went head to head on this very issue a few years ago. Detergents that claim to reduce pilling are especially problematic, the technology they use actually chemically removes the pills, rather than keeping them from developing in the first place. It isn't a big jump from removing pills to eating holes. And I have personally had problems in the past with fabric wear using detergents with bleach.

Allison, I meant to ask how old are your diapers?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Less than a month old, I purchase them on the 20th of July!!

This detergent has no bleach in it.
How would the washer cause holes? It is only these two dipes.
Anyone else have ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.