Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And not just for CDing, but baby clothes in general. Last time I used 7th Generation and BiOKleen, but I was never completely happy with them. My clothes just never smelled very clean. They also ended up dingy. DH finally complained and when DS was older and no longer being diapered (2 1/2 ish) I switched to the more mainsteam stuff.

Now we have a new one on the way and it is getting time to pull out the baby stuff and start preparing, at least a little, which means baby-friendly detergent for both clothes and diapers.

So I need suggestions. Have either of these detergents gotten better? Is there something out there I'm missing. And, just to show you what I'm up against, my neighbor with a baby uses Dreft and DH raves about the smell every time her dryer is going. I'm not planning on going the Dreft route, but maybe something that smells fresher...?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i use all fragrence free for all our clothes- kids and adults as i have sensitive skin. i began using it on dipes as well but only a teeny bit because it suds a lot. i used to use biokleen on dipes but it seemed to build up. clothes don't have any particular scent but are clean.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
While I used to love Tide, and the smell, it wreaked havoc on my babe's lil bum when I used it on diapers -- and I really haven't found her to have overly sensitive skin.

I haven't ever used any 'babyish' detergents, so maybe I'm not really helping... we always use just about the cheapest detergent around (enzyme free -- a huge kicker when it comes to diaper laundry) and all of our stuff comes out smelling fresh.

And... I use half or less of the recommended amount of detergent in all our washes. Clothes still smell fresh and come out clean. This should be a help especially if you do have babes who are more sensitive -- using less detergent means there will be less residue and irritants that remain on clothing after it has been laundered.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. It wouldn't be a deal at all this soon, but I have a few bags of hand-me-down clothes and diapers that are cluttering up my living room and I really want to get them cleaned and put away.

I think I can deal without the scent. I think even DH can, but he was getting super tired of dingy clothes and frankly, I like bright and shiny myself. (although bleach hasn't been a laundry addition for YEARS around here!
)

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.