Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.5 yo daughter and I love our nursing relationship and neither one of us want it to end. We are both sick, though. We have numerous food allergies, likely heavy metal problems, leaky gut, candida overgrowth, and malabsorption problems. After several years of trying to treat this on my own and through several naturopaths and MD's, we have found a DAN doctor who I feel confident can help us. His recomendation is activation of our poorly functioning detoxification pathways (he suggests IV or transdermal glutathione instead of chelation) which will help us to process out the toxins that have built up. He said, though, that this is in no way compatible with breastfeeding. I was devastated to hear this, but in my heart I really believe that I can find a way to heal and maintain this special relationship with my daughter. Weaning now would be extremely difficult for our whole family and would take a very long time with full weaning not happening for several months, perhaps even a year. Anyone have any experience with glutathione therapy while breastfeeding? Could I go slowly with the glutathione and use zeolite to mop up whatever comes out?<br><br>
Thanks Mamas!<br>
Jenn

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
If firefaery is still around, she may have ideas on detox and breastfeeding--not IV stuff, but I think she's had significant results (with a significant amount of time/energy put in).<br><br>
After weighing our needs for 7 months (7 mos since I figured out my health and my son's were messed up from my amalgam fillings, my son was 14mo when I figured it out), I decided to wean. I don't know of a way to make it safe using "conventional" medicines (conventional in that they're Western drugs, not that they're being used for the originally intended purpose).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There are gentle and effective ways to deal with food allergies, leaky gut, candida and malabsorption that can be done while nursing (especially an older nursling), but heavy metal detox is another beast altogether. I would not start any therapy without definitive test results that show problems with heavy metals, although if you have amalgam fillings it is much more likely. You could begin therapy with your dd and wait until she is done nursing to go full force with your own therapy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts