Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to have a lady come help me do some deep cleaning yesterday--and, for the most part, she used my natural cleaners and such (vinegar/TTO/Mrs. Meyer's, etc.). However, I hadn't realized until too late that she was cleaning my oven with some of the nastiest, foul-smelling toxic junk I've ever seen (and smelled!). I'm afraid to even turn my oven on, it's that bad! Any ideas on how I can get the residue/smell out of there before I need to cook again (this evening)?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I'd like to know this as well

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I would use Lemon Juice, since it dissolves soap scum and hard water deposits. I used lemon juice at my friend's house after she had her 2nd child, and called a Maid Service. The smell that they left was so strong, and it almost felt like the smell could choke someone. The lemon juice smelled better, and you could see more than lemon floating in the bucket after I rinsed and wiped with fresh water.<br><br>
HTH,<br><br>
L

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I've tried it today and it seems to have done some work--haven't turned the oven on yet, but I'll dare to soon...<br>
Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts