Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Lilylove, thanks for organizing! As for me, the 10th, 13th, 14th, 16th, and 20th, 27thand beyond (dh having major surgery 28th in AA) are out. Any other evening works for me. Because of the surgery and recovery time meaning that I'll basically be flying solo as far as parenting for several weeks, dh is being a dear about giving any time I need to create "serenity reserves!" Friday evenings are more like date nights, but if that's when everyone else is free, then, hey, we'll have several nights just the two of us at the hospital! Sorry if that's too many "NO" dates. Oh, good luck with the s.c., lilylove. I made four crock-pots full a week ago for my mother-in-law's birthday. The house smelled like cabbage for days...but it was a hit, so all is well.

·
Registered
22,154 Posts
Friday's work best for me now that I'm working. I get up at 5:00 am and I need to get to bed by 10:00. Don't worry about planning around me though.

courtenay, I hope everything goes well with your husbands surgery.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Mom
Friday's work best for me now that I'm working. I get up at 5:00 am and I need to get to bed by 10:00. Don't worry about planning around me though.

courtenay, I hope everything goes well with your husbands surgery.
Fridays would be great the 11th or 18th are the best choices for me.

Thanks, Ms.Mom, I can't say it's a routine thing, but he's in really good hands, we think, so our bets are on "he'll be fine." It'll just be a rough week. When he comes home he'll nap a lot, but otherwise, it'll be nice for all four of us because he'll be home until after Christmas, and we'll have a lot of "quality" time. It's a bonus that most little ones don't get (so much time with Daddy). When he had surgery 18mos ago, he took a nap with them every day. It was some great bonding time! Anyway... enough about that.

When, where, what time are we meeting? Did we agreee last time that we'd try troy this time? Or somewhere else. I actually didn't mind potbelly's and caribou, if people have a problem coming closer...parking was a lot better than it'd be downtown RO. However, Troy would really rock!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 18th is Devon's b-day so that is out for me. Maybe the 25th, my sis might still be here then! I would love for her to meet you guys!!! Or is that too far away? Should we do the 11th?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Oh shoot, I see on my calender on the 11th 5PM Paul, not sure what that means, but I assume he'll be needing the car

The 25th works, but seems forever away!
It appears there are 3 Troy locations;
Troy
3495 Rochester Road
Troy, MI 48083
(248) 740-9387

Troy
3113 Crooks Road
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 643-0064

Troy
1333 North Coolidge Hwy
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 643-4483

Not sure which is best or which might have an eatery nearby??

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
It would be nice to do both. I might not be able to come for the 25th, depending on how much we have to do to get ready for "S" day...but I'll certainly try! As far as Troy goes, the two malls (Oakland and Somerset) have places to eat near and in them. Oakland Mall's eateries will be much MUCH more reasonably priced. Somerset has great places to eat, but is rather...chi-chi. Oakland has stuff like Chili's or Applebees nearby and family style stuff inside. Somerset has fancier places around and inside. I will ask my husband, he might be able to help with names of places.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mraven721
Troy
3113 Crooks Road
Troy, MI 48084
(248) 643-0064
This one has a Potbelly, Noodles, & Caribou all together. It's on the NW corner of Crooks & Big Beaver (well, next to the corner gas station) & close to the 75 exit/entrance.

That said, I'll be out of town for ... everything.

·
Registered
22,154 Posts
There's a few Sushi places around the one on Rochester. The one on Rochester is very nice - a huge fire place and it's usually very quiet.

I'm up for most anything - I hate Applebees (it's always gross to me). But I'll go hang out with everyone.

The one by the Noodles sounds great too!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll go where ever.

But I do know that the Chili's near Oakland Mall is insane on Friday nights (like waiting hours for a table).

Somerset has CPK, but it too is insane at times. We really only ever go to the food court.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Mom
There's a few Sushi places around the one on Rochester. The one on Rochester is very nice - a huge fire place and it's usually very quiet.

I'm up for most anything - I hate Applebees (it's always gross to me). But I'll go hang out with everyone.

The one by the Noodles sounds great too!
"Quiet" and "fireplace" are both words I like!
Rochester Rd is good, too.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you all bring the kids? Just the babies? I have a 4 yo DD. I would like to reach out to some local MDCers but can't do weeknights.....And wouldn't mind meeting everyone's children either..... What about ALSO scheduling a playgroup for the kids? do you guys do this at all?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunRayeMomi
Do you all bring the kids? Just the babies? I have a 4 yo DD. I would like to reach out to some local MDCers but can't do weeknights.....And wouldn't mind meeting everyone's children either..... What about ALSO scheduling a playgroup for the kids? do you guys do this at all?
There are always nurslings present
and older children often come too. We do sometimes set up days to meet that are really fun with all the kids! And I would be interested in a playgroup depending on the location.

So did we decide which Friday? Or both?

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Okay, Friday is fast approaching (I know, it's only Monday...but I seem to blink once and the week is gone). Decision time, Ladies. Are we getting together this Friday? If so, I need to make the plans w/dh. Either way, are we getting together the Friday after Thanksgiving. Again, (esp. b/c it's a holiday weekend) plans must be made!

If we are getting together this week, my vote is for the joint w/the fireplace on Rochester Road, but I'll need more specifics than that!

As far as a playgroup, has it been discussed? I'm the current newbie, so I couldn't tell you. Sounds good to me...the only problem for some of us is that we are on extreme ends of the metro area and I think gas is an issue. I know it is for me. But if it can be worked out...why don't you start a thread about that, and I'll keep an eye out. THat way, at least people who are central to one another can get together w/the little ones w/o a long drive to stress out toddlers and use a lot of gas?

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Definately this Friday for me. I am going through some stuff and need some time with my mamas.

Any location works for me but I need to know where we will be having dinner first. I am not a sushi person so if we decide on that, I will grab something and meet you guys at Caribou.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.