Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone has a fav book.. or website that tells what babies should be doing each month.. things to do with them?

I swear my almost 2 month old is bored.. I think Im in trouble.. her sister was alot like her.. always needed to be doing something & never slept alot during the day.. shes 4 now & like the energizer bunny..

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Dr. Sears' "THe Baby Book" has an excellent month-by-month guide of milestones for all sorts of skills and abilities, and the chapters on development have great recomendations about what you can do with your baby at each age and what sorts of things they would find amusing. I recommend it highly and have used it often. It's also good for troublshooting sicky symptoms and is very pro-nursing and AP. Pricey, but worth it!

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
While Babycenter is not my favorite parenting site, I do like their milestone charts http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/6634.html They are simple to read and fairly basic.

For what to do with baby, my all time favorite parenting resource is "Building Healthy Minds" by Stanley Greenspan. It's a clinical book about the way babies brains develop and the things you can do to help/hinder them. It's not especially AP, but it's all about building a relationship with your baby, which is a totally AP thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts