Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told him that I was going to ask doc on Tuesday about induction on Wednesday half kidding half serious. He happened to reading the newspaper and was at the funnies and horiscopes and had glanced at his horiscope. So then he said... what happens to the babies Karma, horiscope, mojo, voodo, whatever if you have the the baby's birth induced or planned out and it is not born on the day the God, the universe, whoever decied it was going to born on? Now we both know nothing about horiscopes, moon, planets, and stars and their alignment. How the psychic universe works and all that. We occasionally read out horiscope and get a chuckle out of it. I do believe in Karma and you get back what you put out there. So I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the lives of people who were induced or planned c/s and if they are any different from people who were born on the day the universe, God, whoever decided they were to be naturally born.

Anyway just a goofy conversation we had and one of theose things that makes you go HMMMMMM

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yeah, I've wondered about that too. It does seem like it might screw that stuff up... then again, maybe it's more about what you see when you're first born, the seasons and stuff, than about when you were conceived.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I don't know much about it. I know when I was pregnant with my twin boys I *really* wanted to have them on Jan 23 so their bday would be 123, and in reality they were born on Jan 25. So close!

If your edd is Oct 14, inducing on Sept 26 seems very early to me.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Well, I think all things happen for a reason... and that a spontaneous birth isn't always possible, so sometimes the universe *chooses* a different day of birth for the baby than the baby might choose for itself. One is as 'right' as the other, IMO.

I do know some cesarean born mothers who feel that they don't connect with their own birthdays, they felt more connected to a different day and some even celebrate on that day instead.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not really a major horiscope believer. Me and my two brothers are all Aries. Supposedly we should all have the same sort of personality. But I do think there must be some sort of consequences for forcing a baby to be born before its ready. There was something about this on the Unhindered Living website.

My dd was induced. I don't really think her starsign suits her personality. She seems more Leo to me. But to be a leo she'd have to have been born about 3 weeks early.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.