Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night I was laying on the couch and felt the baby kick so I put my hand on my belly to see if I could feel the kick outside and I could! So I told dh to come over and he felt the baby kick a few times

Last night it happened again though he only felt the kicks once or twice, and this morning he tried to feel the kicking, but it was so light that I could barely feel it and there were no big ones.

Dh had never felt a baby kick before since he's an only child. I have because my younger siblings are quite a bit younger than me and my Mother always let me feel the kicking. I don't remember her telling me to feel the kicks this early, though I'm not sure if my memory is very accurate about that.

We're very excited about it! I will be 20 weeks along on Tuesday

love and peace.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
That is so super exciting!! We too experienced that here. I was shocked that it happened so early, but I pressed dp's fingers into where I was feeling lots of movements & he felt them when I was 15 weeks. I was soooo happy. It's so fun to share that with them! Since then my kids have felt it too & seen it jump around & move my skin. I'm only 17 weeks. It seems like everything has happened so much sooner this pregnancy!

Hooray trmpetplaya!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
oh what fun for him! Such a neat thing to share together

I can't wait to share it with dh, and especially ds- I have no idea what his reaction is going to be- we keep telling him the baby is in mama's tummy but he points to his own tummy and looks down our shirts for the baby!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That's so exciting!! My DH has been able to poke around and feel baby for the past couple of weeks and has gotten good at feeling baby parts (basically at this point he can sort of distinguish between "pointy parts" and butt or head or back.) But we couldn't feel the baby move really from outside until yesterday. We've been joking that the baby is very secretive, because it will move, and I'll tell him where and he'll put his hands there to try to see if he can feel it, and the baby will stop moving! But last night we were lying in bed and I had my hand on my belly and felt a very big thump from the outside, and I just immediately grabbed his hand and put it there and it thumped again! He was so amazed and excited to finally feel the baby moving! I was really happy that he could feel it too! It was especially cool that it happenned on Father's Day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.