Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
370 Posts
My Dh has pretty bad sleep apena. He has had it way before I even met him. He used to fall asleep *anywhere* if he sat down for more that 2 minutes. What got really scary was him falling asleep while he was driving. He went in for a sleep study evaluation and ended up on a CPAP machine. It has help tremendously. The snoring isn't nearly as bad, (we slept in seprate rooms for a few years because of it) he isn't nearly as tired, his mood is so much better, and most importantly he feels better on a regular basis. He isn't a canidate for the surgery, and he isn't over weight.

I don't know if I have any good advice for you since I just nagged and then got really scared after one of the guys he worked with him died when they fell asleep driving. His apena was severe enough they stopped his sleep study 1 hour into it and brought him the CPAP right then and there. Just tell him how concerned you are and just urge him to follow up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.