Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt think it would happen so fast but he is signing with the AZ Diamondbacks tomorrow! They were talking about sending him strait to AAA witch is in Tucson (1.5 hour drive from our house!) but they want to make sure he is healed and ready for AAA so they are sending him to AA in Tennessee for a little bit first.

They think as long as he pitches well he will be sent up to AAA by or before July so that is what we are keeping our fingers crossed for.

Considering how bad his injury was and how quickly he rehabed - 5 months faster than they thought he would - I guess its not unreasonable for them to want to start him out slowly. Just that I want him in Tucson - it would be so awsome to have him so close!

I am actually really surprised that it all happened so quick - he flew home Sat. night and by Sun. AM his agent called and said the team wanted to see him. The main reason he went to Taiwan was because we thought he would have trouble signing with a major league organization (other than single A) coming of the surgery.

He leaves Monday - so we have the weekend together which is nice. Just hope he is back here well before the baby arrives so that he will make it to the birth for sure!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Congratulations.
I'm sure everything will turn out all right. Even if he's not as close as you wanted. Plus he's a lot closer than Taiwan would have been. A couple of hours away should be enough notice for making it to see the birth..right? (I've never given birth before) :LOL . Everything will work its way out, try to relax and enjoy the rest of your preg.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Morgan, it sucks that he's leaving, but great news that things are going so well for him. Here's hoping he gets back to AZ soon!!!

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Morgan, that's great! He's back from Tawain so soon, too?? I Thought he'd be there so much longer. We have friends in Phoenix and are there a lot...I think their son might be the Diamondback's opthamologist or somethign (or maybe it's the Sun's)...hmmm...

Would you move to Phoenix, then? I have a friend from Tuscon who loves T so much adn really doesn't like Phoenix at all. I've nver seen T so have nothing to compare it to...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max's Mami
Well he is in Tucson after all! Just left his AM! Hopefully they will keep him there and he wont be going to Tennessee at all!
Yay! It must be great to know he is so close by!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanetteL
Wonderful news!

BTW - Lori was at the Oriental Medicine Workshop our Birth Network put on last night - told her I "knew" you online - she said you were awesome!

Jeanette
How funny! I need to call her. I am supposed to be doing the Hypnobabies home course but w/ DH gone and working full time AND trying to keep up with a 2 year old I havent managed to find the time. I fall asleep getting him into bed!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I don't know how you (and anyone else doing this solo) are managing....I'm losing my mind and I've got my husband here every night......

How do you like the hypnobabies course - I was thinking of ordering the affirmation CD to listen to before bed...is it any good?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanetteL
I don't know how you (and anyone else doing this solo) are managing....I'm losing my mind and I've got my husband here every night......

How do you like the hypnobabies course - I was thinking of ordering the affirmation CD to listen to before bed...is it any good?
I havent even started yet
Its probably too late now....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.