Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard dh in the other room with our daughters (8yo and 4yo). They were starting to whine at each other, and he said, "Watch out, you two, or I'll give you The Boot."

Next thing I knew, they were racing upstairs, laughing.

And he quietly put one of his big winter boots on the stairs. That's how you get the boot in our goofy family.
Dd's had another good laugh when they came back down and saw the boot sitting there.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
thats so cute!

when my ds 1 is being a pain or rough with ds 2 i threaten him with having to sit on my knee and cuddle with me for a whole hour! and i threaten lots of kisses too!

its nice as sometimes he says ok and actually wants to sit and cuddle but other times he tells me he is too busy and that he will just have to be nice to ds 2 instead!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My dad would threaten "I will go line-backer, little girl, if you don't watch it!" This meant a loud 42! 38! Hut hut, HIKE!! and stomping run, growling, straight at little me, crouching in terror, and a feather-light tickle-tackle...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.