Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It really came out of the blue, and I couldn't have been more proud of my DH last night

Baby Allen woke up while we were talking, after having been asleep about an hour. He just popped his eyes open and was looking around, like he always does when he wakes up. Then DH started this monologue (I just let him run with it)

"Ya know, he's so peaceful. I guess it just makes sense. Why should he cry? He feels safe, because he's with us. This house doesn't make him feel safe. It makes *us* feel safe, but not him. His own room or bed wouldn't make him feel safe. *We* make him feel safe. This is why it was so easy to take him on vacation. (We were gone 10 days, stayed at 4 different houses.) It didn't matter *where* we went, he was fine as long as he had us. I'm so glad he sleeps with us."

He was ready to go along with all my plans when I was pregnant, including co-sleeping, but I wasn't prepared for how much he would end up LOVING it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That is so sweet. I just love it when Dh gets all mushy like that too. I had been talking to my dh about maybe getting ds his own bed and starting the process of getting him into his own room this summer. Dh said "I'm not ready for that. I'll let you know when I'm ready." I just kind of giggled. It was cute. He was scared to co-sleep at first (fear of hurting baby) but he came to love it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Sigh... I know, I think there's nothing sweeter than your husband snuggled up next to your baby. My DH loves co-sleeping as well (well, 95% of the time he does
), and sometimes when he wakes up with our son, they smile and smile at each other and as DH is getting dressed for work he says, "I think everyone should sleep with their babies!" I do think it makes him much closer to our baby.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, DH is gone from about 6am to 6pm, so I know he loves being able to be close at night.

One time Allen fell asleep on the futon (we were watching a movie) and I hated to wake him to move to the bed, so I said we should just let him sleep and bring him in when he wakes up.(He was in a safe place, on his back, and wasn't rolling yet) DH said, "No way! I'll miss him too much!" So we woke the poor baby up and brought him in :LOL He went right back to sleep, of course

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
That is very sweet.

Last night dh was telling me about how he was going to have to start sleeping in the other room again, as ds has been on a daddy kicking spree in his sleep lately, again. I told him I didn't want him to, and he said it was either him, or ds. Naturally I said he goes, ds stays....
We talked about it more and dh ended the conversation saying that he did love having ds in bed with us, and that regardless of the kicking & shoving, he wanted him to stay.
...he's come a long way, he didn't want anything to do w/co-sleeping at first!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts