Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all she said she is so proud of me for using cloth and breastfeeding. She used cloth on her kids and they *never* had a rash.

Then she mentioned poor grandpa (82) who is suffering bladder incontinence. She wants to know where she can find some cloth options for him or if I could make him something. Essentially a huge doubler for his underwear.
I'd rather let her buy them than to make them for grandpa's privacy (I doubt he knows she wrote the letter).
Where can I find something like that?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Okay, don't think I'm gross, but I really think toddler prefolds would work for him just folded in thirds and laid in his underpants. Your post made me wonder and then I went and got one and folded it in thirds and ummm...tried it on
It fits...shall we say...from front to back.
: :LOL

No ya'll I'm not turning my dipes into weird fetish toys. Oh and BTW....there is no way that damn snappi will fit...I'm strictly a trifold kinda girl
:LOL

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishas Tribe
Okay, don't think I'm gross, but I really think toddler prefolds would work for him just folded in thirds and laid in his underpants.
I was actually going to suggest that very thing. I think that would be very inexpensive and practical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishas Tribe
Your post made me wonder and then I went and got one and folded it in thirds and ummm...tried it on
It fits...shall we say...from front to back.
: :LOL
I didn't go this far though!! LMAO!! :LOL Someone DDDDC this woman!!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Megan~ That is so sweet that she said she was proud of you and that she trusts you enough to ask for your help on such a delicate matter.
I don't really have any suggestions, but just wanted to say that.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that might work but I also think she wants something that is waterproof and won't leak.
Also wouldn't that be a little bulky?

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
You know

www.preciousdignity.com has specialty diapers (or whatever the need may be) for all ages. She could definitely make something for you--and her prices are reasonable. And maybe offer some insight into what might work.

But I would think toddler CPF would work well. GL--that is great she is asking you!

·
Registered
170 Posts
you know, I bet if you approached some wahms who sew diapers for babies with your grandma's request you'd be surprized how many would be willing to help you out.

you may want to get more information from your grandma concerning what she's expecting from the diapering system...
does the coverage need to be very absorbant or just leakage?
how big is your grandpa?
would she prefer some pull on/underwear type (snap sides, maybe?)
and after you get those questions answered then you'd know who, as far as wham's go, to approach (if one makes a side-snapping diaper and that's what your grandma seems interested in then go there...)

also she may be interested in AIO type pull-ons

good luck with your search! You could always ask for spam, right? I don't have any particular wahms to point you to, or I would...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.