Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking about diaper bags in the daily thread. The thought occured to me I'm not sure what I'm going to do this time for one.

For dd I used the free one I got from the hospital. Now looking at it, I feel it's SO BIG!!! I totally don;t get how I lugged that thing around all the time.

DD is now three and I have all her stuff in my purse - 1 diaper, ziplock of wipes, small toys, bribe candy. I keep her change of clothes, more diaper and wipes and toys in the car.

So with baby, what to do for diaper bag?

I know i'm not going to have enough room in my purse. But I don;t want a mega diaper bag. However I don;t want a super girly one, so that DH wouldn't care if he was carrying it too.

So for ladies that either have had kiddos or those of us still waiting, ideas/suggestions?

And what are you doing, or planning on doing for your diaper bags?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm backpack...I always pictured everything being a jumbled mess and falling to the bottom of those? Have you used one before, thoughts?

I was thinking a messanger style bag (smaller one) might work best? That almost looks like a large purse?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3125387

Already using it as a purse, and loving it! It opens on the side, so when it's over your shoulder it's a million times easier to get into than backpacks. Has a little place for your cell phone right on the strap, and feels like it will work awesome with a sling. Lots of pockets and such for organization, and doesn't feel like it's overkill. Even has an insulated and waterproof zip pocket for bottles and/or your drinks (keeps them hot or cold). Definitely Dad-friendly!

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
w/my first i had a fugly blue/plaid bag that i hated. some graco nonsense. with my second i used my backpack from school. functional but not at all attractive. this time around i'm gonna get myself a fun pretty girly colorful one because this is my last baby and i deserve to love my bag!!!!
i haven't decided which one yet, though. i like totes. but they have to be able to stand up on their own and not just sag to the side when i put 'em down. and i like compartments.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I also end up with several bags. I use a larger messenger type one in the early months when you have to carry so many dipes/outfits around. Later I move on to a smaller bag of any type that I like. Eventually I switch back to my fav purse when I just need to have one dipe and some wipes with me.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have a ju ju be beSmall. It doesn't look like that make them anymore. I got mine 2nd hand. I think its a great size and its made awesome and cleans up awesome too. .

We have a bigger ju ju be bag too, beAll i think. Thats a BIG bag though. We used to bring cd's for dd, sposies for the twins and at least 2 changes of clothes per twin, one for dd, and various other baby stuff.

We'll probably go back to using that if we're going out for the day after the baby comes since the twins are still in diapers
: and D has tummy issues and sometimes has a poo leak so we always need a change of clothes. I think we have 3 in our van

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will have to say, I hate diaper bags too. Like some of you we used the freebie from the hospital (and I still do! - been 5 years LOL). But for the most part, we just put everything in my purse since my boys are older and really don't need much. However, with CD/baby clothes/etc, I just don't see all that fitting in my purse if we do a grocery run (about 2 hours). So, I did go looking for a nice bag that's maybe a bit bigger and I found some great stuff. I ordered a custom bag and when it gets here I'll give you a review, it's cute, you can get one that looks more like a purse and it has pockets inside for stuff. I also bought a matching "wallet" to put money and license so I don't need to carry my purse too. I'm obsessed with this bag now, and I've always hated diaper bags!

Here is the bag I bought, but don't have it yet so I will review later:
blue diaper bag

and matching wallet from another seller. Her store also has some nice bags that could double as diaper bags but are soooo cute no one would ever know.

I hope this can help someone if you're looking for something a bit different from the old black bag.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I loved my JJ Cole sling bag but it won't accomodate cloth dipes and DD's extra clothes (just in case). So I ordered an Onbag and I LOVE IT! It's really great for babywearing and I love that it has a spot for both my and DD's Klean Kanteens. I did sew on velcroe to the two pockets as everything kept falling out. Otherwise it's great! You can wear it as back pack, sling, over shoulder. And it will compact if not much in it or will open wide to stuff it full. Check out the website:

http://onbag.co.uk/catalog/bags/onbag-classic

If you sew, she offers the pattern online for personal use (not for selling) as she does get backed up and also understands the cost is too high for some.

ETA Just saw someone else posted about this bag too!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I think the Skip Hop Dash is a great bag for what you are describing. Daddy friendly colors, messenger bag, not too big, etc.
http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant....ct_Code=142000

Target sells Skip Hop bags now too.

We have a Skip Hop Dash and I bought a Cevan Metro bag from Mamabargains this time around thats daddy friendly too.
http://www.allenave.com/cevan.html

you can get the cevan metro from costco for around $70 but mamabargains had them for $38 + shipping. Its a large bag, but I like it because the pockets are nice inside, and it stands up on its own. there are moveable dividers in the bottom perfect for making snuggly spots for my SIGG bottle and DD's baby sigg.

XOXO
B

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Computer student backpack purchased for DD#1 at R.E.I. Expands. Can use it for anything, and forever. Love it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I didn't buy or use a real diaper bag with DS until we went to Disney for 10 days when he was 15 months. I got the Skip Hop Dash from Target and I loved it. Before then I kept a LL Bean Boat Tote in the car with extra clothes, diapers, wipes, extra anything really. I carried a pretty large Vera Bradley bag (a Bowler, actually) and would just load what I needed for the trip into my purse.

I plan to do the same for this next one, and will keep the Skip Hop to use for longer trips. My DS is now PL'd, so I only have one in diapers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In diaper bags you can put everything such as feeding bottles,medicines,baby clothes , toys, and everything your needs while away at home.

Diaper bags have turned to be more stylish that would compliment all types of moms. You can find a wide selection of infant bags with different styles and colors. You can also buy a fashionable and designer bag if you are a trendy mom. I have used diaper bags from websitehttps://vismiintrend.com/ they are so soft and comfortable to carry while traveling with baby . I think you should also buy the products from the website and check their products with affordable prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.