Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a post on here 2 days ago and was shocked at how many of you can fit your clean dipes in the D-Bag with the dirty ones in a wet bag inside the DB too!! So does anyone have pics of this? Am I just not using the right bag? I have a huge bag and yet I can only fit a few clean dipes, wipes and a change of clothes! I end up having to put the dirties in a plastic bag tied under the stroller and I hate doing this cause sometimes I forget to take them out! Also I noticed my friends think I am crazy because it makes cloth look even more complicated!! Also do you have diapers just for the diaper bag??

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I don't know how many dipes you carry around, but at most I have 4. That's enough to get me through the longest day running errands. And, if I did ever run out, I think it would just be time for me to go home and stop shopping :LOL. I also don't carry a change of clothes anymore. I used to, when we used sposies, because they were so prone to leaks. But, with cloth, we've hade one leak in about 4 months. It's a risk I'm now willing to take. For longer days, such as visits with family, where we might leave early in the morning and return well after dinnertime, I keep an extra bag in the car with clean diapers, an outfit for Emerson, and usually an extra shirt for dh and I. During the transition period (from sposies to cloth) I would keep this extra tote bag in the car at all times. I never carried it around, but I felt better knowing I had a back up stash. This enabled me to carry less around on my shoulder.

·
Banned
216 Posts
I agree I usually carry 3 or 4 diapers and a couple of covers. I rarely take a change of clothes, but I always have a change in the car. I made a really neat fold out changing table that goes in our back seat. It is stuffed so that she doesn't fall into the cracks of the back seat. It has pockets that fall down towards the floor board that I keep diapers, wipes, and a wet bag in. It rolls all up like a sleeping bag and fits right in the diaper bag. It sure makes it easy to carry all of my diapering in and makes a comfortable place to change her no matter where I am. I often find that making changes in grocery stores and buisnesses are to crazy, and I would rather just do it in the back seat. I have never had a problem carrying my stash in my diaper bag, and it isn't that big. I always pack prefolds to save space, and use my fitteds for home or baby sitting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a really small Land's End diaper bag..I thin it is called the lil' tripper or something.

anyhow I only pack 3 pocket dipes and a sleeper for dd. then I have my wallet and coupon organizer and 3 wipes and wipe solution. Water goes in the outside pocket and that is all I pack. I find that the dirty diapers will fit back in if I really squeeze them in.

If I'm on my last dipe, I am on my way home. I don't leave the house much though
: as I am still getting used to shuffling around 2 kids...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I never got by with that few for my power soaker. Not to mention, I always carry a couple extra for a "just in case" scenario. Now that dd's 16 mon., we can get by with just 1-2 for a long morning shopping trip, and 5-6 for a day.

I would love to know which kinds of bags you have. I'm in need of a good, long lasting, new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.