Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molck's thread about needs got me to thinking about diaper cream. I know FB doesn't recommend any diaper cream be used with their diapers (and cloth in general I believe). Is there one that is okay to use? Or other alternatives that still protect the skin?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I've found when using FB you don't need a cream since they use stay-dry fleece. If my kid was still wet on their skin then I needed to add an extra doubler and maybe use some natural baby powder or something.<br><br>
If they did get a rash somehow, then I know I have used some diaper cream (even mainstream kinds) and never had a huge problem b/c I don't use too much, and I use some powder on top of it so it doesn't stick to the fleece. Or you can use an additional fleece liner.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Whenever I use any kind of rash cream, I just stick a little square of flannel or fleece on top of the dipe (I have some cut for this purpose) or just use a cloth wipe. I've been to wimpy to ever go without, in fear of staining/affecting dipes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There is a balm you can use with FBs. Just can't have beeswax or other waterproofing agents in it, as they interfere with the stay dry of the fleece. I think the one that was recommended to me was "Baby Bottom Better". My DS2 occasionally needed something due to food sensitivities. But generally, yes, you don't really need diaper creams with pocket diapers.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok - thanks! I'll have some fleece on standby, and look for some Baby Bottom Better, and plan that I hopefully won't need either.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I always use a liner when applying diaper cream of any kind (my favorite is Triple Paste).<br><br>
We had LOTS of rashes with our Fuzzi-bunz type pockets (my own homemade version of the same materials). But, my DD has VERY sensitive skin on her bum and any kind of build up was very irritating to her. When I made some major changes to my washing routine we had a lot fewer rashes...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've never found BBB anywhere but online. Don't recall where I purchased it last, but Jamtots seems to have a good price for it. <a href="http://pilot.jamtots.com/Baby-Bottom-Better-Diaper-Salve-P182C102.aspx" target="_blank">http://pilot.jamtots.com/Baby-Bottom...-P182C102.aspx</a>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts