Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. we ec part time and are very casual about it (IOW i have no clue what his signal is). We have been ecing since ds was 6mo, so about 8mo now. He was an early walker and I don't really consider him a toddler since he is running circles around me and climbing onto EVERYTHING. (yesterday was the dining room table ) Since he is so busy being a runner/climber he has no time for a diaper change. It has turned into a constant fight with tears and frustration. It takes all my patience, leaving me spent. Often I want to smack his little bottom (I don't) so then I feel like a horrible mom. I'd let him run nekkie, but it is too cold and we are both already sick (probably explains my lack of patience)
Anyway, he will happily put on pants, so I was wondering if we should just move straight to training pants. Oh, he also took off his shirt, pants and diaper today, so maybe he's ready to move past diapers.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
How about split crotch pants with a prefold inside? The waist of the pants holds up the prefold. Easy to move aside to potty, can be changed in like 5 seconds wherever he is if you have a miss.

Or I could read farther than the first sentence. Yeah, go with training pants. And I wouldn't worry too much about keeping someone who's constantly running around warm. Just check him from time to time when he's taken his clothes off and put some on the parts that are cold if any.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Definitely time to move on to training pants. Not that he'll necessarily stand still for a pants change either - mine won't right now unless I bribe him.

Training pants and babylegs will keep him plenty warm. That's what DS spent most of the day in today (and it snowed today!)
Actually even just nakey bum and babylegs with a longer shirt would probably keep him plenty warm enough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. after re-reading my post, it really does sound like he's ready to move on. (alien voice: earth to mom, earth to mom, come in mom)

so where do I find training pants for a 24lb baby. am I looking for the ones with the thick crotch or the thin one that lets pee run down the leg (those were my mother's descriptions)

right now, when he is nekkie and pees he just watches it, then steps in it to make a splash.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think you can order Bright Bots from their website. They're said to be great and come in small sizes, but they're made of synthetic fibers so they might not be what everyone wants.

My DD (12 months old) sits or squats to pee then squishes her hands around in it. So far she mostly doesn't do that for missed poos, thank god.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.